37206 DIP (New & improved, courtesy of Abode)
8 oz. Softened Cream Cheese
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon East Nashville Spice Co. “Original” or “Heat” All-Purpose Seasoning Blend
Blend all ingredients together until thoroughly combined. This dip can be served immediately, but gets even better with time! Refrigerate leftovers.
SEASONAL ROASTED VEGGIES
(This will become a “go-to” recipe…it’s VERY addictive. You can also follow this recipe to make the best oven fries or sweet potato fries you ever tasted!)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Take a bunch of veggies- whatever looks good and fresh- and cut them up into bite-sized pieces. My personal favorites are brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes, yellow gold potatoes, grape tomatoes and lots of red/yellow/orange bell pepper & finely-sliced red onion. Use any combination you like, or just one. After cutting up all your vegetables, put into a large bowl and drizzle in a few glugs (3-6) of good quality olive oil. Sprinkle on a good amount of “Original” or “Heat” blend (2-4 tbsp. depending on the amount of veggies you have). Mix well with a big spoon and dump into a baking pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes, depending on your oven. Give a generous squeeze of lemon juice as soon as you take it out of the oven. This is so good that you may start eating it straight out of the pan!!
East Nashville Spiced-Up Wings
2 ½ pounds chicken wing sections
2 tablespoons baking powder
2-3 tablespoons East Nashville Spice Co. “Original” or “Heat” blend
- Use a paper towel to pat the wings completely dry.
- Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions.
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Line a baking tray with foil, then place a rack (like a cooling rack) on the foil. Spray the rack with oil spray.
- Place wings in a large bowl or a plastic zippy bag. Add the baking powder and spice, then toss to coat evenly.
- Place the wings on the baking tray in a single layer with the skin side up. They should just fit snugly. They will shrink when they cook because the fat renders out so don’t worry if they look too snug.
- Place wings on the lower middle oven rack and bake for 30 minutes.
- Move wings up to the upper middle rack and increase the oven temperature to 425F. Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, rotating the tray & flipping the wings halfway through.
- Remove baking tray from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Toss wings in sauce of choice or serve sauce on the side for dipping.
EASTSIDE SMOKED TURKEY SAUSAGE & PASTA
1 lb. Cooked Pasta
1 1/2 Bell Peppers, chopped (I use 1/2 each of an orange, yellow and green bell pepper for color)
1 Small Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves (optional), minced
2 13-oz. Turkey Smoked Sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 28-oz. Can Chopped Tomatoes, undrained (I use whole San Marzano Tomatoes and just chop them up- it’s worth it!)
4-5 Tablespoons East Nashville Spice Co. “Original” or “Heat” All-Purpose Seasoning Blend
Cook the pasta and set aside, saving some of the pasta water (1-2 cups) for later in the recipe. In a big pot, saute the turkey sausage in a bit of oil and then set aside in a bowl. Using the same pot, add a bit more oil and saute the peppers, onions and garlic until translucent. Add the turkey sausage back into the pot along with the tomatoes and the spice blend as well. Simmer for 20-30 minutes and then gently fold in pasta. Add some of the pasta water to thin out the mixture, if needed. Spoon out into bowls and serve with some crusty bread & a nice salad.
FABULOUS EASTSIDE SALAD DRESSING
1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tablespoons East Nashville Spice Co. “Original” or “Heat” All-Purpose Seasoning Blend
Whisk together in a bowl or use a blender to emulsify. Enjoy over your favorite salad greens & veggies.
CRACK-TASTIC 37206 CRACKERS
1 Cup Olive Oil
3-4 Tablespoons East Nashville Spice Co. “Original” or “Heat” All-Purpose Seasoning Blend
1 Box Oyster Crackers
Mix Canola oil & spice blend in a gallon zip-top bag until well-blended. Add the crackers, seal the bag and gently mix, turning over & over to get all of the crackers covered. Leave on the counter to marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the bag over every 15 minutes or so to ensure even coverage. That’s it! Now wasn’t that easy?
- 1 box of spaghetti or linguine
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 5 cups of water
- 12-16 oz cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 large onion sliced very thin
- 4-6 cloves garlic sliced very thin
- 2 tsp “Heat” all purpose spice mix from East Nashville Spice Company
- 3 sprigs basil or lemon basil
- Goat cheese for topping (optional)
- Rotisserie chicken for topping (optional)
- Place pasta and water in large straight-sided pan.
- Half or quarter the tomatoes and spread evenly over pasta.
- Quarter onion then slice each quarter as thinly as possible, then spread evenly over pasta.
- Slice garlic cloves as thinly as possible. and spread evenly over pasta.
- Sprinkle Heat seasoning mix over evenly.
- Tear 2 sprigs of the basil and spread over evenly.
- Turn on medium high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring often but not constantly until water reduced by 75% and pasta is ready.
- Serve it up and sprinkle with goat cheese and a little extra seasoning mix. You can add rotisserie chicken too. Enjoy!
Sweet & Spicy Hot Caramel Chex Mix
Courtesy of Cajun @
- 3/4 box Corn Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp- 2 tbsp “HEAT” seasoning
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, usually one minute total.
- Keep stirring to fully incoporate the melted butter into the sugar/surup mixture.
- Add the baking soda and stir again.
- Layer the cereal in a large microwaveable bowl with the caramel and fold well to coat everything as much as possible.
- Return to microwave for additional minute and stir again.
- Spread out on parchment covered cookie sheet to cool.
- Sprinkle as much or as little of the seasoning mix as you can handle.
- Allow to cool and store in airtight container. Enjoy as needed!
Other great ideas:
Add a few tablespoons of our spice blend to boiling pasta water. The flavors absorb into the pasta, creating the most un-boring pasta ever! Finish with a light sauce and fresh herbs.
Cut a baguette or other crusty loaf in half and spread with butter. Sprinkle liberally with our “Original or “Heat” blend, then broil until toasted. You can also use goat cheese instead of butter, which turns out to be quite addictive!
Sprinkle a teaspoon or two of the “Original or “Heat” blend over frozen pizza before baking…you won’t regret it!
Mix it into mayonnaise for the best sandwich spread you ever had. Seriously.
Mix with melted butter and drizzle over freshly-popped (unsalted) popcorn. Keep in an air-tight container and it will keep well for a few days.